Monday, May 14, 2012

Poem of the Week! "Wishes"

When the dance floor is in my living room,
The hottest shorty in the club is the 
Fat bitch
Pop-lockin, booty shakin, and signing the lyrics to the goddamn song,
All at the same time. 

When the open mic is in my living room,
Two dissonant chords on an out of tune guitar
Sound like Heaven
And Fire
And not at all like a sick cat
Dying, cumming and giving birth 
All at the same time.

And when Prom Night is in my living room
I'm not corseted into a slinky black dress
Giving hand gun hand jobs to the quarterback
Fuck That!
I wear a red tuxedo
White carnation
And have the captain of the color guard on my arm. 

But screw the prom!
Screw the dance floor!
And screw the open mic!
They are not big enough, 
For my living room

Because my living room
Is a wondrous place
With a couch that has only seen kisses.
Symphonies play on kazoos.
Stars shine in the daylight,
and Spacemen plant flowers on the moon

The bookshelves overflow with words
Reverberating off the walls in
Singing syncopation,
Or maybe just singing

Andy Warhol on the walls
Having tea with Dali 
On an oriental carpet 
Made of Unicorns

And when the WORLD is in my living room, 
The only oil in our oceans
Will sleep safely in the
Earth at the bottom.
We won't need it;
We'll have jet packs.

People in rainbow shirts will get married more often
Than people in red shirts die on
Star Trek!

When the world is in my living room
We won't judge each other by the
Colors on our skin because
Our skin will be colored
In poster paint and glitter pens
Proclaiming messages
Of peace
and Peace will be preached
By all the world's religions

The only wars fought will be
Between fourth graders
on the playground
With packs of playing cards
And everyone will have
Their own theme music

YES!

When the world is in my living room
There will be no more Republicans
And no more Libritarians
And no more Democrats
Because each individual will govern
Him or herself with kindness
Compassion, generosity.
Not caring for the sick and the needy
Because there will be no sick
And no needy
When the world is in my living room.

But Screw my living room.
It's time to bring my living room
To the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment